Popular Posts

BUZZSPROUT EPISODES

Monday, June 5, 2017

Grammar Exercise - Either or Neither

Image result for either
Grammar Exercise - Either or Neither
We use either before the first of two alternatives specified. It means one or the other of two people or things. Neither means ‘not one nor the other of two’.
Can you use either and neither correctly? Test your understanding with this grammar exercise.
Fill in the blanks.
1. I don't like ....................... of my science teachers.
either
neither
Either could be used here
2. You don't like him, do you? I don't ...........................
either
neither
Either could be used here
3. Peter isn't here today. Martha isn't ..........................
either
neither
4. I like ........................... of them.
either
neither
5. I am ............................ a conservative nor a liberal.
either
neither
6. He didn't remember and ........................... did I.
either
neither
7. ........................... of them invited me so I didn't go.
Either
Neither
8. ........................... of them seemed interested in the offer.
Neither
Either
9. Mary didn't turn up and ......................... did Ruth.
either
neither
10. John didn't pass the test, and Peter didn't .............................
either
neither
11. He ......................... smiled, spoke, nor looked at me.
either
neither
12. Alice can't dance and ..............................
Stella can't either
neither can Stella
Either could be used here
Answers
1. I don’t like either of my science teachers.
2. You don’t like him, do you? I don’t either.
3. Peter isn’t here today. Martha isn’t either.
4. I like neither of them.
5. I am neither a conservative nor a liberal.
6. He didn’t remember and neither did I.
7. Neither of them invited me so I didn’t go.
8. Neither of them seemed interested in the offer.
9. Mary didn’t turn up and neither did Ruth.
10. John didn’t pass the test, and Peter didn’t either.
11. He neither smiled, spoke, nor looked at me.
12. Alice can’t dance and neither can Stella / Stella can’t either.


No comments:

Post a Comment