Popular Posts

BUZZSPROUT EPISODES

Monday, March 14, 2016

EXERCISE ON USING CONJUNCTION/PREPOSITION


Despite, in spite of, however, although

1. We went out …………………….. the rain.
a) in spite of
b) in spite
c) despite of
2. She went on working ……………….. it was raining.
a) although
b) despite
c) in spite of
3. She went to work ………………… the fact that it was a holiday.
a) despite
b) in spite of
c) Either could be used here
4. …………………. she didn’t like the cutlet, I enjoyed it very much.
a) Although
b) Despite
c) However
5. I had invited him; ………………….., he didn’t come.
a) although
b) despite
c) however
6. It was fun, ………………… dangerous.
a) though
b) however
c) in spite of
7. I was late; ………………. everybody else was on time.
a) although
b) however
c) despite
8. ………………… I was late, everybody else was on time.
a) Although
b) However
c) Though
9. They managed to do it, ………………….. I was not there.
a) although
b) however
c) despite
10. I went ………………… I had not been invited.
a) although
b) however
c) Either could be used here

Answers

1. We went out in spite of the rain.
2. She went on working although it was raining.
3. She went to work in spite of the fact that it was a holiday.
4. Although she didn’t like the cutlet, I enjoyed it very much.
5. I had invited him; however, he didn’t come.
6. It was fun, though dangerous.
7. I was late; however everybody else was on time.
8. Although I was late, everybody else was on time.
9. They managed to do it, although I was not there.
10. I went although I had not been invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment