Popular Posts

BUZZSPROUT EPISODES

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

PAST TENSE



PAST TENSE
The main rule is that for every verb in English, there is only one form of it in the past tense. For example: The past tense of the verb want is wanted.
Examples of sentences using regular verbs in the past tense
Last night I played my guitar loudly and the neighbors complained.
She kissed me on the cheek.
It rained yesterday.
Angela watched TV all night.
John wanted to go to the museum.

EXERCISE
1)They all (go) ___ shopping.
went
2) I never (imagine) ____ I would see you here.
imagined
3) We (book) ___ two tickets for the show.
booked
4) He (collect) ___ his children from school.
collected
5) Were you (frighten) ___ of the dark when you were young?
frightened
6) Who (eat) ___ my chocolate?
ate
7) I (feel) so tired that I went straight to bed.
felt
8) We (grow) ___ this tree from a seed.
grew
9) She (lose) ___ her way home.
lost
10) He thought I (steal) his umbrella.
stole

Put the verbs into the simple past:
1.       Last year I (go)  to England on holiday.
2.       It (be)  fantastic.
3.       I (visit)  lots of interesting places. I (be)  with two friends of mine .
4.       In the mornings we (walk)  in the streets of London.
5.       In the evenings we (go)  to pubs.
6.       The weather (be)  strangely fine.
7.       It (not / rain)  a lot.
8.       But we (see)  some beautiful rainbows.
9.       Where (spend / you)  your last holiday?

ANSWERS
1.       went
2.       was
3.       visited, was
4.       walked
5.       went
6.       was
7.       did not rain
8.       saw
9.       did you spend


No comments:

Post a Comment