Popular Posts

BUZZSPROUT EPISODES

Thursday, September 15, 2016

VERBS WORKSHEET



VERBS WORKSHEET

Complete the following sentences using an appropriate verb form.


1. When I ………………. up in the morning, the sun ……………………
a) was waking, was shining
b) woke, was shining
c) was waking, shone
2. As I …………………. down the street, I ……………… Harry driving a Porsche.
a) walked, saw
b) was walking, saw
c) walked, was seeing
3. The lions …………………. the bull.
a) killed
b) was killed
4. The boys ……………………. for their hard work.
a) were praised
b) praised
5. The scandal …………………….. the minister to resign.
a) forced
b) was forced
6. The child …………………… from outside his home.
a) kidnapped
b) was kidnapped
7. The teacher …………………….the students to work hard.
a) advised
b) was advised
8. I ………………………. my lessons.
a) revised
b) have revised
9. As he ………………… not there, I ……………. a message with his mother.
a) was, left
b) was, was leaving
Answers
1. When I woke up in the morning, the sun was shining.
2. As I was walking down the street, I saw Harry driving a Porsche.
3. The lions killed the bull.
4. The boys were praised for their hard work.
5. The scandal forced the minister to resign.
6. The child was kidnapped from outside his home.
7. The teacher advised the students to work hard.
8. I have revised my lessons.
9. As he was not there, I left a message with his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment