Popular Posts

BUZZSPROUT EPISODES

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

TALKING ABOUT THINGS YOU HAVE DONE AND YOU WANT TO DO


TALKING ABOUT THINGS YOU HAVE DONE AND YOU WANT TO DO
I have + (past participle)
This structure is used to talk about things that you have done in the past.
·         I’ve done it.
·         I’ve tried parasailing.
·         I have visited Australia.
·         She has acted in a film.
·         I’ve watched that film.
·         She’s written several books.
·         I’ve written twelve letters since morning.
·         I’ve been to this place before.
·         I’ve seen him before.
Talking about things you want to do
I wanna + (verb)
The structure wanna is the conversational equivalent of want to. The structure I wanna can be used to talk about things you want to do.
·         I wanna talk to you. (= I want to talk to you.)
·         I wanna find a job. (= I want to find a job.)
·         I wanna marry you. (= I want to marry you.)
·         I wanna try this food. (= I want to try this food.)
The structure ‘don’t wanna’ is used to talk about things that you don’t want to do.
·         I don’t wanna accept this job. (= I don’t want to accept this job.)
·         I don’t wanna marry you. (= I don’t want to marry you.)
·         I don’t wanna meet him. (= I don’t want to meet him.)
Talking about things you have to do
I gotta + (verb)
The word gotta is the conversational equivalent of got to. In conversation I gotta is often used instead of I have got to.
·         I gotta get up early tomorrow. (= I have got to get up early tomorrow.)
·         I gotta win her trust. (= I have got to win her trust.)
·         I gotta get my car repaired. (= I have got to get my car repaired.)


No comments:

Post a Comment